31 May Being Well Podcast: How to Make a Big Decision
Some of the most important moments of our lives are crossroads of different kinds. There’s a big decision, and we have to pick one thing over another. Today Dr. Hanson and Forrest explore how to make the important decisions in life.
Support the Podcast:
We’re now on Patreon! If you’d like to support the podcast, follow this link.
- 2:00: Common themes in big decisions.
- 5:00: Balancing short- and long-term big decisions.
- 10:15: Knowing your own nature, and having different priorities.
- 17:20: Using analysis to inform intuition for making big decisions.
- 21:15: Identifying the “parts” of a big decision.
- 22:50: Analyzing costs and benefits.
- 33:00: Write it down.
- 36:20: Working backward.
- 40:30: Getting clear on what you want.
- 42:30: Thinking over the long haul.
- 43:30: The three circles.
- 45:00: Finding “comps.”
- 50:30: The calculus of a big decision.
- 59:00: Affective forecasting.
- Join over a million people using BetterHelp, the world’s largest online counseling platform. Visit betterhelp.com/beingwell for 10% off your first month!
- Want to sleep better? Try the legendary Calm app! Visit calm.com/beingwell for 40% off a premium subscription.
- Start a new healthy habit with Seed! Visit seed.com/beingwell and use code BEINGWELL to get 20% off your first month of Seed’s Daily Synbiotic.
- Build healthy habits with Most Days! Download it in the App Store or go to MostDays.com/beingwell for more information.