09 Jul Being Well Podcast: Why Be Calm?
On today’s episode of the Being Well Podcast, Dr. Hanson and Forrest begin a new series of episodes exploring the strength of Calm. On this episode, they focus on:
- Why calm is an underrated inner strength.
- Understanding the biology behind the experience of calm.
- Maximizing our range of responses to different situations.
- How we can activate the parasympathetic wing of the nervous system to fight back against stress.
- The difference between “state” and “trait” calm.
1:30: Why is calm an important inner strength?
3:20: The dangers of being hijacked by fear.
7:05: The biological basis of calm.
11:05: Modern culture and the sympathetic nervous system.
12:30: Understanding your needs.
15:15: Developing a wide range of response.
17:20: The ease of being driven from the green zone.
19:20: Ways to calm down.
23:00: State calm vs. trait calm.
28:00: The importance of tranquility.
Subscribe to Being Well on Google Play or Apple Podcasts below: