23 Jul Being Well Podcast: How to Feel Safer
On this episode of the Being Well Podcast, Dr. Rick Hanson and Forrest discuss how we can fight back against fear and learn to feel safer. They explore:
- How we can reduce our resting state anxiety.
- Ways to identify the hidden resources in our lives.
- The importance of seeing threats clearly, and differentiating between real and paranoid threats.
- How we can manage fear when the challenges of life are real.
- Ways to face anticipatory dread.
0:30: What causes fear?
2:30: Feeling reasonable safety.
7:15: Anxiety in the body.
9:00: Identifying the resources we have to fight threats.
12:30: How can we feel safer during REAL threats?
14:25: The importance of growing resting-state resources.
16:25: Three ways to deal with immediate threats.
20:00: Ways to approach the fear of truly dreadful things.
24:55: Reducing steady-state anxiety.
27:50: Dealing with anticipatory dread.
Subscribe to Being Well on Google Play or Apple Podcasts below: